Friday, July 3, 2015

Ring Around the Rose - Question the Fifth

This week's question is actually two questions. So, we'll have question 5.0 and then 5.1, shortly.

Now for question 5.0

What was the first story you ever wrote?

Oh, man.
I
truly
have
no
idea.

I really, really can't remember.

I know that when I was in 3rd grade I created a family newspaper that all of about two editions, so that would probably include my very first story.

I think the first story that I can really remember well wasn't until I was a sophomore in high school. It was the first story that was long enough to be an actual story.
It was the first story that I remember being complimented on as well.
By the cute, blonde hottie in my writing class that I (and every other girl in my class) had a crush on.

It was about a deranged lunatic who escaped from a psychiatric hospital by killing his doctor and was going on a wild rampage before dying alone and afraid in the woods.

You know, a feel-good-fun-for-the-whole-family-happily-ever-after sort of story.

Honestly, I have no idea why I wrote it.
I was a bit of a dark, twisted soul as a teenager, I guess.
Or I was just really hormonal and didn't know how to deal with it.
Either way, it was a weird story.

But, I finished it. Other people liked it.
And I realized how much I loved writing.

So, now for question 5.1


What is your favorite Pixar movie?


So, like everybody on the planet, I love to see that little desk lamp hop across the screen and shine its light right in my eyes. I know I am about to be truly entertained.

I love the movie, Ratatouille. My daughters love it as well. I love how Remy the rat has an imaginary friend in Chef Gusteau. He says a lot of poignant things like "What do I know? I am only a figment of your imagination."



But, Ratatouille is not my favorite Pixar film.


I LOVE Finding Nemo as well.
Honestly, Dorie?
How do you not love Dorie?
I love this movie so much. But now that I have my own kids, it sometimes makes me cry when Nemo gets kidnapped fishnapped. And then again when he finds his dad. And then again when we think he's dead. It's an emotional rollercoaster for me to watch Finding Nemo.

But, Finding Nemo is not my favorite Pixar film.


Nope.
My very favorite Pixar movie is....



BRAVE!

I love, love, LOVE this movie!

I love the setting.
I love all the red hair.
I love the three naked babies.
The kilts.
The accents.
The fiery tempers.

But most of all, I love Merida.
I love her spirit.
I love that she's not satisfied with the fate that she has.
Instead, she does whatever she can to be in charge of her own fate.

I SIMPLY LOVE THAT!!

I think that theme of the movie really really resonates with me. I don't want to accept the fate that I felt I was heading towards. I want to change my fate, own it, and make my dreams come true.

Hopefully, without turning my mother (or anyone else for that matter) into a bear.


Don't forget to check out Hayden's blog tomorrow to see her response.
Also check back to see what KayceeSavannah, and Janelle wrote, too!

2 comments:

  1. Your first story sounds interesting. And very dark :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first story sounds awesome! XD

    Merida is definitely one of my favorite Pixar characters. I want to be like Merida! ^_^

    ReplyDelete